Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Quo by Orly Little Miss Sunshine

I grabbed another Quo by Orly polish up from Shoppers Drug Mart...this one is Little Miss Sunshine. It's an exact dupe..in fact the same exact polish as Orly Melodious from their Hope & Freedom Fest Collection. Since i'm on a strict no buy from online..since before X-mas *cries*....I pick up the odd polish here and there. Of course I would've rather bought the bigger size in the actual Orly bottle I love so much but these are pretty good too..handle is pretty much the same just a touch smaller. Anyway..on with my review.
This polish had me yelling "yes" when I picked it up..there's all this crimson shimmer that's just stunning! And I have heard that other people say they don't see it on the actual nail but I totally disagree! You do see it and it's gorgeous! My camera didn't pick it up as much as I wanted but it's there...trust me.
Now..the formula? That's the problem. I thought at first coat it was going to be fine but after the second I knew it was trouble. It's extremely patchy, and don't hope for any self leveling...it's not gonna happen. I used 3 coats and it still didn't look great. My suggestion would be to layer it or even sponge it over another yellow...that way you'll get that fabulous sparkle. Here's some pics :)


 I think these next 4 pics really show the streaking and the fact that it's still not opaque.



Will you be buying this? I thought another option might be to buy CND Crimson Sparkle and layer it over your favorite yellow for a similar effect.
Have a fabulous day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment